Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Flixel game library for Flash / AS3

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah... FlashPunk still doesn't work for me, I might get Flixel instead. :/

... If I don't just get Flash first. ^w^
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Nice discovery! I think I might use Flixel for my next BL game, it sounds perfect for what I had in mind!
SimonM 13 years ago
  Thanks for the link jp!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... I... I tried to use FlashPunk. and failed. D:

I had exactly everything, but when I fired it up, it wouldn't work. :/

BTW FlashPunk recommends Flixel as it was the product that inspired it... I'm thinking of getting it. :/
jp 13 years ago
  @Brolling, this is flashpunk, another and similar flash framework. flixel is more advanced right now.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I might have a look at some point, also MTS is getting annoying where you need to reply 'yes' or something -_-
Treazer 13 years ago
  Cool jp!

jp 13 years ago
  Right now I'm playing with flixel which looks like a terrific flash game library if you want to make a game based on gitmap/pixels. Wanted to share this with our Flash developers on this forum.

You can use flixel and make great game without the need to buy the the adobe IDE or Flex builder.

For windows users, you have to download Flex builder SDK (free) and Flash develop as the IDE (free)

For mac users, you have to download Flex builder SDK also and you can code from Xcode (free)

[edit] and they have in their plans to port Flixel to iPhone which ould make it very easy to develop Flash+iPhone games.

[1]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

jp 13 years ago
  Right now I'm playing with flixel which looks like a terrific flash game library if you want to make a game based on gitmap/pixels. Wanted to share this with our Flash developers on this forum.

You can use flixel and make great game without the need to buy the the adobe IDE or Flex builder.

For windows users, you have to download Flex builder SDK (free) and Flash develop as the IDE (free)

For mac users, you have to download Flex builder SDK also and you can code from Xcode (free)

[edit] and they have in their plans to port Flixel to iPhone which ould make it very easy to develop Flash+iPhone games.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg