Play the games, create the levels

Topic, 'Domination' - a new board game i'm thinking of working on

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  SimonM you move up,down,left,right no diagonal, any pieces you want as long as they are coloured accordingly(one set black other set another colour) and as many conflicts as you can make
SimonM 13 years ago
  sounds interesting, how can you move? can you go back? no diagonal moving?
maybe make cubes as pieces?
can you have 2 conflict on 1 turn?
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
@MARC: OK!

Can be fun!
AK 13 years ago
  OK......

Basically, use your tiles to surround enemy tiles. If they get fully surrounded, they turn into your tiles.

You can use 10 spaces.

OK?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  that cant happen because both of the situations would just be a big situation...
  I think the conflict-situations will be quite tricky when one piece is involved in one or more situations. If a red piece is to be removed by the blacks at the same time the same red piece is part of a red team that will remove a black piece.
What happens then? Who goes first?
chris3000 13 years ago
  it burns your eyes, LOL
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Sadly, sadly...
gundu 13 years ago
  Marc... You'll never change... xD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah im not good with explaining :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @MARC you never really need to move to win... the goal is to kill everyone on the other team. :p

How about having a max of 4-5 people of your team within 1 square of each other (all around)? Or is that too much rule?

EDIT: Oh, and you should organize your first post so that it's easier to read... it burns my eyes when stuff isn't obvious to everyone. |:p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  its not delaying P4M its going to be set to ready this weekend thats when I can upload it :_
also yeah that probably is a flaw lol
I might change it up a little bit...
also thought about a territorial-style sort of thing, but thats going to be just like Risk(yeah I played it a little while ago against coms lol)

alright, uh...idk the only thing really stopping a massive horde destroying you is the move cap which means to move all 36 units foward 1 space it will take 6-7 turns
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Christ, MARC... you just want to make a HUGE delay for P4M, don't you? |:p

This sounds like a good game, but it could use some tweaking... :/

There will no doubt be a strategy of mashing your units together in some kinda roman legion and then you'll PWN Everyone around you within 1-3 moves. Then everyone'll do that and the game just gets boring. :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah maybe 5...
dingdong 13 years ago
  It sounds pretty interesting. Im thinking about that 10 moves maybe is to much. The game will end a bit to fast.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  alright...I need some little pieces to play with :P
I wanna see what kind of strategy you would need to use with this game...
[edit] one exception to the capture rule: if the piece that is being captured would cause a conflict, then you cannot capture it and it is instead destroyed.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  I think it's the fact that I'm tired.

Maybe I'll understand more tomorrow.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  LOL that is just confusing :P
is it the movement, conflict, or special actions(captures and creates)
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  I was about to say there's no point of asking that because I doesn't really understand what I'm not understanding.

That can turn into a never-ending circle :)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  what dont you get?
yeah I made the images in a few seconds so don't mind that...I might go and get my tech teacher to let me make a board and pieces :P
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Your pictures, despite the quality (No offence), actually helped me understand quite a bit. It actually sounds somewhat fun, though there's still lots of things I don't understand yet.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol I just need some actual tiles and I will play against myself XP
SuperDog 13 years ago
  ok. i understand now
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol you get 10 moves, you use them on your units. you could for example move 2 units 5 spaces, or 1 unit 10 spaces, or 1 unit 2 spaces, 2 units 3 spaces, and ditch the other 2 movement points.
SuperDog 13 years ago
  I think I understand... just the moves I'm confused about
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok Martin the sections circled in yellow shows sets of pieces involved in a single conflict, note how they alternate colours...

in this one in the top-left the red team are creating a new piece by surrounding a blank tile fully, in the bottom-right the black team is taking over a red piece as it is surrounded by 3 black pieces and there are no other conflicts
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Martin that is possible...ill make 3 pics in paint :P
GIS idk what risk is either but yeah its basically army wars XD
gameinsky 13 years ago
  It sounds like a mix of risk and checkers, kind of like advanced wars/ batallion series
  The conflict-part is a bit blurry for me. Can you make an image with a typical conflict-situation where you mark the discarded units with an "X".
As far as I understand this, you can suddenly end up with a very big conflict where perhaps half the units on the table are discarded in one move.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  idk what the island game is...
basically you could say it's similar to checkers but there's more pieces, you can move more than one piece at once, you can get pieces back(or take over your opponent's ones), and you don't have to move diagonally.

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

Hexicube 13 years ago
  I've been thinking about having a more unique kind of board game, so I decided to make up my own. Here's what i've got so far:
SPOILER
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg