Play the games, create the levels

Topic, My Prime Finder

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  DY you should have primes.txt in the same folder...
allyally 13 years ago
  press 0 for non-silent mode,
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  silent mode doesnt work, it goes to 100% then doesnt tell me anything. =(
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah its in C++
allyally 13 years ago
  So what sort of coding is that? C++?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah it basically does the same as finding n primes, but ignores them until it finds the one it wants :P
also, I think the numbers get too big for 10millionth prime...but idk
p.s. ask it if 1299709 is prime, watch how fast it is :P
allyally 13 years ago
  Whoa, How'd you do the nth prime?

[hm, i probably shouldn't have set to find the 10,000,000th...]
Hexicube 13 years ago
  completely forgot about a link
allyally 13 years ago
  Ive enter the number into my factor generator, :P

Yup, its prime, :P
Hexicube 13 years ago
  oh ha ha SD :_
SuperDog 13 years ago
  something constructive perhaps?

There. Happy now?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well idk, say something constructive perhaps?
SuperDog 13 years ago
  Indeed, 22,801,763,489 is not divisible by 3. The digital root is 5.

(I just wanted to say something. ANYTHING.)
allyally 13 years ago
  Yup. :P

What do you want us to say?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  *completely ignored*
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I've been working on a prime finder in the past, and have recently been working on it again. My prime finder does use the slowest method of finding primes(loop through values 2 to n and see if it divides) but it is still extremely fast for checking to see if the individual numbers are prime.
There is a limit to the size of the prime before the calculations stop working and it reports non-primality...for example the billionth prime(22,801,763,489) is reported not prime, but I debugged it and found it thinks that it is divisible by 3, I checked on a calculator and it's not divisible by 3.
In other words, try to keep your checking under about 2 billion, or it will false fire. (saying that, the 100millionth prime worked fine, its 2,038,074,743)
Prime Finder

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Hexicube 13 years ago
  I've been working on a prime finder in the past, and have recently been working on it again. My prime finder does use the slowest method of finding primes(loop through values 2 to n and see if it divides) but it is still extremely fast for checking to see if the individual numbers are prime.
There is a limit to the size of the prime before the calculations stop working and it reports non-primality...for example the billionth prime(22,801,763,489) is reported not prime, but I debugged it and found it thinks that it is divisible by 3, I checked on a calculator and it's not divisible by 3.
In other words, try to keep your checking under about 2 billion, or it will false fire. (saying that, the 100millionth prime worked fine, its 2,038,074,743)
Prime Finder
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg