Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Astro-Breaker Suggestions and Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

manufan 12 years ago
  Okay Simon thanks! JP's games have preloaders and I want mine extra-professional. xP

5 Official Ideas now please keep it up!
SimonM 12 years ago
  I don't think you need a preloader, bl api has already a preloader(it's in documentation)
for placing on target, change the x and y of the object.
manufan 12 years ago
  Yes, precisely and it wouldn't fit-in with the game. I created a preloader (with a crappy vector) for our main screen.

@Simon: Thanks for the PM (would that be onRelease?) and how would I place the object into a target (i.e. like P4M)
SimonM 12 years ago
  You know you can't just use some music from other people, you need to ask permission for that, as the copyright issues.
manufan 12 years ago
  Nothing Simon, I'm still making a title screen for Dynamo's approval. We will start deleting ideas that don't fit which is marking them in red for one day then taking them off the list. We will also mark official ideas with yellow and implemented ideas will be marked at the bottom.

Key:
SPOILER
SimonM 12 years ago
  What have you finished yet?
manufan 12 years ago
  Yes we have Simon. xD Well I have. Not sent it to Dynamo on DropBox yet.

And for your convinience I'm using a font that probably none of you have - Big Bloke BB. Trust me it's epic!
SimonM 12 years ago
  Have you even started making it?
manufan 12 years ago
  Yeah, I'm with you now, fireball also kills other balls if you have them, but not the paddle.

I also have an idea from another brick-breaker game - Missiles, so when you press the spacebar a missile will fire - careful, it will kill the ball if it hits you and you only have 3 - 5. You can always get more by hitting a Missile + 1 tile.

We also want music entries you vote what should go in. The first candidate is Prophet and Gecko is making a song too. Post your links please!
gameinsky 12 years ago
  the fireball basicly changes the ball in a bomb.
manufan 12 years ago
  Well, Fire = Bomb/TNT but that is a power-up as well as a tile and Railball is the equivilent to our Acid.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  I'm a bit confused because in ricochet:
Acid = 1 hit kills all bricks
Fire = 1 hit kills all bricks and the 8 surrounding bricks
Railball = goes through every brick destroying them...
Dynamo 12 years ago
  Thanks Manufan -.- "and on behalf of Dynamo" makes me feel so included. :)

SPOILER
manufan 12 years ago
  The Fireball is basically like acid but could hit any brick and kill it instantly - no matter what constraints the bricks have.

I think Paddle Expander/Shrinker is bad, I think the paddle should shrink to a tiny dot and expand to the width of the stage (width of game). It would also save me a lot of time for other tiles.

The Ball's speed will be quite easy, if I'm right Hexicube that would mean me having to use Math.sin ans Math.cos with an xSpeed and ySpeed? Normal Speed could be 30 for 30fps and the ball can travel at slow - 15 and super slow 5.

You can now decide on Game-Backgrounds too but we won't implement them yet!
gameinsky 12 years ago
  Include a laser blaster and maybe a fireball that behaves like a bomb too ?

Oh yeah, and don't forget the paddle expander/shrinker and a powerup that changes the ball's speed (slow, fast)
manufan 12 years ago
  Hmm, I like ideas 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Power-ups will be 3 Balls and Acid - It will let the ball slice through all the bricks that are in it's path. We are unsure about Paths, we could have a vote?

We will try bombs and try to let you set the amount of bricks the bomb explodes in it's Radius, like the Path-System on Jump Gear 2.

I will list them in spoilers now.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  1. bricks you can only hit from upside or downside.
2. bombs that explode the 8 surrounding bricks.
3. bricks cut in half, but then diagonally.
4. basic brick should be recolorable.
5. power up brick.
6. paths

basicly that.
manufan 12 years ago
  Astro-Breaker Suggestions and Game Ideas:

What is this topic about?
I am creating a game called Astro Breaker and ideas are always welcome!

What is the game about?
It is a basic spacey, retro Brickbreaker / Arkanoid game. Any suggestions for bricks, powerups or gameplay should be posted on this thread!

Types of Brick
SPOILER

Artist: Treazer

Thanks,

Manufan

Updates
SPOILER

General

First post of the topic

manufan 12 years ago
  Astro-Breaker Suggestions and Game Ideas:

What is this topic about?
I am creating a game called Astro Breaker and ideas are always welcome!

What is the game about?
It is a basic spacey, retro Brickbreaker / Arkanoid game. Any suggestions for bricks, powerups or gameplay should be posted on this thread!

Types of Brick
SPOILER

Artist: Treazer

Thanks,

Manufan

Updates
SPOILER
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg