Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Who thinks JP should make his own chat?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 14 years ago
  I found a better one:
proof it works
download
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I worked out that you can use this code to embed a non-java based freenode IRC client into any web page. I think people would like that more.

<iframe src="http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bonusleveltest" width="647" height="400"></iframe>

Paste the code into this website to try it out.

[edit]The reason I think this will be better is because you don't need Java. This means it loads almost instantly, and there is no Java logo, and it looks a bit neater.
Im 14 years ago
  OK. That sounds long and complicated. Must be awesome.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Here's the jist of it:
IRC is the name of a certain type of chat. Freenode is an organisation which hosts a free IRC network. It is easy to create your own IRC channel on Freenode's network: all you have to do is type the name of a channel that doesn't exist yet, and it will be created! All channel names begin with a '#' symbol.

Once tha channel has been created, anyone can join it by typing the name of the channel. For example, I made a channel called #bonusleveltest which you can try out.

The thing that is good about Freenode is that you can embed the Java applet into another website, so that means we could have the chat embedded into BL just like the current one.
Im 14 years ago
  OK............ I have DS lite and DSi (Mah DS broke!!!!!!)... So... Doesn't really matter...

So... That IRC.... Thing... Is good?
And why is it named I are see?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  The DS does have a few IRC clients, but they are only available for homebrew users, which means you need a flash card to run them. You also need to be able to conect your DS to the internet. If you have problems using the wifi featurs on your DS, you will probably not be able to get online with it.
Im 14 years ago
  Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Did you say DS!? I thought only DSi could have such things! Am I wrong?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I think we should get a Freenode IRC channel! It's easy to make, easy to embed, easy to access, and easy to use, and there will be no spammers.

It also means you would not have to use the online java applet to chat. You could use pretty much any IRC client, including one for the iPhone or the DS. IRC channels are also far more customisable than things like the only Flash-based Meebo chats.

[edit]
Sorry that I've already posted this three times. I just honestly thing it is a good idea.
Im 14 years ago
  I vote for.
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Ag. 0%
Im 14 years ago
  That MTS annoys me... What does it mean?
(If it is Message Too Short, just use "[ spoiler ]" without spaces

Example:
3[spoiler ] (without spaces))
Ahroo 14 years ago
  lmao. xD

MTS
gamelover101 14 years ago
  I agree :(
Im 14 years ago
  It doesn't look like the topic works. :P
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Im do you mean mine or the other one?
Im 14 years ago
  It doesn't look like it works. :P
lololol 14 years ago
  BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

happy new year in about 12 hours and 45 minutes (GMT+1)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I did initially think about 25 but nobody was voting barely after a day I had 3
Im 14 years ago
  H'mm. jp, MARC2008, the creator of this topic, decided that 10, the first number with two digits, was a good amount of votes before asking you, so, jp, could you please consider making a new chat?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  ah right XDXDXD
JP I decided 10 was a good amount before asking for you to get it so can you consider it?
Im 14 years ago
  You told me to stop voting for.. so I vote against. Is that a problem for you?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  urm...I thought you REALLY wanted to vote for? XD
Im 14 years ago
  OK, OK... I vote against.. :(
Hexicube 14 years ago
  stop voting for Im!
Im 14 years ago
  jp: I vote for!
Treazer 14 years ago
  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! still eleven "for" voters!!!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  OMG NOOOO (lol XD)
Treazer 14 years ago
  I vote against!!!!!!!!!!!! xD just a joke^^
Hexicube 14 years ago
  haha lol XD
Im 14 years ago
  Yay... 11 of... Over 6000... Yay... ._.
And like 20 active people in the forums. XD

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

General

First post of the topic

Hexicube 14 years ago
  I can see it as perfectly possible, and to demonstrate, I made an example:
The Files
I made them myself, open the server, then 2 or 3 senders and if the number near the send button is NOT -1 the it's connected and they can send messages between eachother!
Open the server first or it will not connect...

I should note that I do not mean use my example and would suggest that he uses this for a chat.

[votes]
For(11 100%):
MARC2008
Im
allyally
kirrock75
SuperDog
gamelover101
lololol
Bruno-heey
petermunks
TheNinja
Brolling

Against(0 0%):
none
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg