Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "The Wall", game "Ringmania 2.5"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 10 years ago
  Then I withdraw my words... Good level though.
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  It's not about the Berlin Wall. It's a tribute to The Wall by Pink Floyd. The background is an as good a replica of the album's cover art as I could make it. The ring is pink because the main character of the album is Pink, and the wall in the level was the wall he had buildt around himself. In the original story, Pink couldn't break free from the wall. That's also why the wall in the level was quite hard to pass. But if it was frustratingly hard, then it was probably bad luck. One time when I played the previous version of the level, it was more difficult than it was all the other times I played it.

[edit] Thanks Simon! :)
SimonM 10 years ago
  You're probably referring to the Berlin Wall. I didn't saw the previous versions of the level, but I like this is a good level. The wall was a bad thing, that does not mean the level about it should be frustrating.
kiethy342 10 years ago
  I'll accept it for now, but if you're unhappy with it, feel free to change it back.

The only reason I said it could be made slightly thinner was because, for me at least, after playing it a few times not many of the rings were actually going down the edges to the other ring. It seemed that they would almost get there and then hit the edge. This could purely have been bad luck, but it did happen to me a lot.
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  In case I didn't say it clearly enough; I want this level evaluated as is.
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  There really is no point in having the symbolism if noone gets it, because then they are just going to think "What an annoying level!", downrate it and get mad, which is to the benefit of noone. However, it pains me to take away something that is thought through and, IMO at least, fits the level very well, just because some people are ignorant and unknowledgeable (Sorry for the harsh language, but my vocabulary doesn't contain toned-down versions of those words). For these people, the current gameplay may be better, but thruth be told, it doesn't fit the theme of the level very much, the colours clash, it has been done 100 times before, and really, it makes me sad that it is the one I have to use. But that's just how it is, as I'm guessing the "ignorant" people are more likely to downrate an "annoying" level, than other people are downrating something mediocre.

If I would've changed it back, then I most certainly would not have made it any thinner. What would then be the point of it? If you are going to make an obstacle, then you have to make the obstacle be in the way, otherwise there's no point of having it there at all. It would also have messed up the aesthetics, and made everything out of proportion.
kiethy342 10 years ago
  If you're not happy with the level this way you can change it back, I've just never been a fan of those levels.

If you do change it back, could I ask if you could make it slightly thinner?
Treazer 10 years ago
  I really liked the level before :c
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  I do not find this that difficult actually, but I guess we all have different playing strenghts.

Anyway, I have now updated the gameplay. Some of the symbolism in the gameplay is now gone, and I'm not really too pleased about that, but I guess it's a bit more fun to play.
kiethy342 10 years ago
  The design on this is really nice, the writing on the simple background looks really effective, but the gameplay is really frustrating, especially as they're all black rings and the wall is spread out making it difficult to move.

I'd suggest perhaps a different style of gameplay for this, and remember that it is important to keep levels relatively small so it's easier to move around, especially levels made mainly out of black dots.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "The Wall"

About Level "The Wall"

First post of the topic

kiethy342 10 years ago
  The design on this is really nice, the writing on the simple background looks really effective, but the gameplay is really frustrating, especially as they're all black rings and the wall is spread out making it difficult to move.

I'd suggest perhaps a different style of gameplay for this, and remember that it is important to keep levels relatively small so it's easier to move around, especially levels made mainly out of black dots.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg