Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "ImproveAndThrive", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Coolguy52 3 years ago
  It's more the playability of the level - the problem was that the last couple of parts took many attempts to even do once, and so to even get a score on the board took immense dedication and to get above 1 takes an ungodly amount of tries (that's why it took me 11 months to do so). The newer version's penultimate section is not nerfed too much, but I get the last one every time so it's much better. The level is still very difficult, so I hope that doesn't deter others from scoring :o
chris3000 3 years ago
  I'm looking forward to playing the new version. Apparently some of the obstacles were too hard for people.
Coolguy52 3 years ago
  RIP the super insane version - but it seems much better now, the 5th part is certainly still a spike, but it's a smaller spike :)

Score on old version: 4542

EDIT: Fixed up some stuff that's always bugged me about this and reevaluated the level, also got a nice 95k score :) Let me know if you want to reverse anything, but my changes were adding missing design and removing certain inaccessible platforms.
kalina200 3 years ago
  I have decided to update this level to make it less infuriating, luck-based and more accessible for people to get high scores on.
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  Revisited this one. First time I made it to the first checkpoint I got to the fifth part (first luck-based part) in time. I'm impressed that I somehow kept my consistency. Thinking back to the completely unnerfed state is scary. I don't think that anyone will ever beat that - I'm certainly not trying, as one of the jumps in the third part was nearly impossible at least xD

You may be wondering what happened to 'MagnitudeOfInfinity' - I'd say don't ask. That level is just indescribably hard from memory. I seriously don't think that I have the skills for that one.
kalina200 5 years ago
  Wow! GG! Magnitude of Infinity will now hopefully be harder (but more enjoyable) than this.
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Ah finally :D Didn't expect it as soon as it happened - part 6 only got me three times (as in I ran out of time). Part 5 was really mean, got me at least 30 times over almost a year - but I managed to pull through in the nick of time on this attempt!

After 11 months, I have finally conquered your ultimate challenge kalina and to be honest, I fear what more you can do with this game, given that this is after two separate nerfings and months of attempts! Awesome level - and a daunting task for anyone to do in time!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  I've tried for hours to complete this one in time - even with the 90 second extension, no results so far D:

EDIT: Yeah I give up on this for now - it's too hard for me :(
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Kalina asked me to add more time, so I have added 90 seconds to the level.
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Beat it for a third time, isn't anyone going to try?
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Nice! Now I've got a new goal :D
kalina200 5 years ago
  ayyyyyyyyy
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  True - but I only spammed you once.

I just call it 'persistence’ :)
kalina200 5 years ago
  at first I didn't
vvv
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  For reference, he told me to spam him.
kalina200 5 years ago
  "Nerf IAT"

"Nerf IAT"
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  I rebeat this. I only have problems with the 3rd part's first jump. The rest of the level I will die at a bit - but I haven't actually practiced.
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  It's not the difficulty, it's how the difficulty came to be. Difficult levels are welcomed in my book - but this was luck based for me.

EDIT: Scored on this. This seems much better! A small nitpick could be that I find the first jump for P3 to be luck based still :/
kalina200 6 years ago
  I think I completely removed the main idea of the level, to be the hardest JG2 level. I still did it because it is necessary, people will be driven away and just give up and call it impossible otherwise.

Thanks GIS for unaccepting and giving me permission to nerf, hopefully the level is more fun to play now :)

PS: You can reaccept it now
popo2 6 years ago
  Well, if the level was unfinished, then I guess it was still impossible for me anyways. If it gets accepted again, it might be changed to something that might as well be possible for me.
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  @Dynamo I found that gap to be pure luck - I think you have to speed up to it and jump. I quit there.

@popo2 You made it to the 4th part - that’s impressive.
popo2 6 years ago
  NVM. I couldn't get the fourth part done because it's way too hard.
Dynamo 6 years ago
  How in the hell are you completing this in time? I have no idea how to get through that gap in the thumbnail...
kalina200 6 years ago
  25000 neat asf
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  I've been trying for ages - and I can't get the ledge jump on the third part. I'm 99% sure that is impossible.

EDIT: I got it now.

EDIT2: I think this level is too hard - I wonder what others think of this one?
popo2 6 years ago
  Same with me, I might as well get that down tomorrow.
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  I'm unable to do this right now - as I don't have the time, I'll get it eventually :D
gameinsky 6 years ago
  I'm just going to trust you guys at this point, ain't got the patience.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "ImproveAndThrive"

About Level "ImproveAndThrive"

First post of the topic

gameinsky 6 years ago
  I'm just going to trust you guys at this point, ain't got the patience.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg