Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Blockoban/ Blockoban 2/ PuzzleIt Help

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 7 years ago
  I need more help in PuzzleIt. I posted on a few more levels.
chris3000 7 years ago
  I've been doing a little better at Puzzleit, but Jellify it's taking me a while to get the hang of.
Treazer 7 years ago
  I love that series as well! :) I posted a few hints to some of the PI levels.
chris3000 7 years ago
  I posted on some PuzzleIt Levels. I am getting a little better each day. And I love the cakewalk series in BB2. Gets my brain going.
oldmanrob 7 years ago
  this week i don't have the time. next week i will try to design some kids and easy levels.
chris3000 7 years ago
  Yes, I just beat all the kids levels of Blockoban. Next up, the easy levels.
oldmanrob 7 years ago
  you can even try to solve OLD "hard" levels. many of them are easier than the "medium" we have now.
chris3000 7 years ago
  Well, I'm trying to follow a system. Complete all the kids and easy lvls first. Then tackle the hard and medium lvls. You're right Simon I won't be able to solve every single lvl, but I want to do what I can. I have to take one day at a time.
oldmanrob 7 years ago
  stupid me! they are "only" two. archery of course and totally mazed. i was able to solve quadruple transfer with a terrible score a couple of month ago. for both i know what to do, but i don't know how.
SuperDog 7 years ago
  / Jellify!
SimonM 7 years ago
  @Chris, if you need help, you can ask me (with any of the 3 games). It could be that I don't remember the solution.
CamoDragoon 7 years ago
  @OMR which three? I have Archery and Quadruple Transfer left myself, although I solved Archery on the mobile app.
oldmanrob 7 years ago
  @chris this may console you. i (the easy level champ) still have to solve three(!) official levels on BB. no way i can solve them. :(
CamoDragoon 7 years ago
  Five tips for making unique medium and hard levels that aren't horribly annoying or boring in BB (gonna use my levels for examples since they come to mind most easily):

1. Don't have a border. Unless the level is specifically made so that there's a sort of "invisible grid" you can't move the blocks off of, this can lead to you designing a level that just takes a ton of moves to complete (e.g. Hallway Maneuver (BLockoban)) and just takes forever, even if someone finds the solution early. Icy block borders can work sometimes.

2. Asymmetry. You can make a symmetrical level that is still challenging or unique (e.g. White Key (BLockoban)) but generally symmetrical puzzles end up being solvable by just repeating a strategy twice and end up very similar to other symmetrical levels. Asymmetry adds uniqueness and variety and forces you to fine-tune the solution to the level.

3. Minimalism. Take an easy level and then start removing blocks, or replacing walls with icy blocks, etc and you'll quickly get something much more difficult. Look at Sky Tiger 2 (BLockoban) vs Sky Tiger 2-Remnants (BLockoban). I made a very tiny change, but it made the level much more challenging and (IMO) interesting, as evidenced by the scores.

4. Add a few links. Just having a pair or two of linked blocks can make a level a lot more interesting; see Seating (BLockoban) vs Seating 4 (BLockoban). Don't get carried away and starting making massive linked groups though -- those levels get stale pretty quick (e.g. Golden Hook (BLockoban)).

5. Get inspired. Find a level you really like, and try making a similar level. Chances are your first layout will be a little different and won't be possible. You refine it, making one tiny change after another until you can solve it, and by the end you've made something legitimately different and unique. (e.g. Cross-Street (BLockoban), based off of Twinky Tweek (BLockoban)).

The longer you make levels and the more new designs you see and try, the easier it comes (both solving and creating levels). I wish you the best of luck chris :)
chris3000 7 years ago
  @Simon: No, I'm not going to attempt to solve every level, especially Toughman's and murat's. But I do want to master all the officials. It will take time but i'm going to have a positive attitude.
Treazer 7 years ago
  I would gladly help with Puzzle It if you give me a list of levels or something. :)
SimonM 7 years ago
  It think it's nearly impossible to solve really every level. I already gave up that goal.

For making more difficult levels, I advise you to check out harder levels, try to find out what makes the level difficult.
chris3000 7 years ago
  Hey guys, look I really need help trying to finish the officials and any accepted levels in these games. I have tried so many times to try to solve the levels myself, but I need hints. If anyone can PM them to me that would help. I'll post on each level one by one.

Thanks.

And i'd like to start making medium and hard challenging levels, but I'm having trouble.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

chris3000 7 years ago
  Hey guys, look I really need help trying to finish the officials and any accepted levels in these games. I have tried so many times to try to solve the levels myself, but I need hints. If anyone can PM them to me that would help. I'll post on each level one by one.

Thanks.

And i'd like to start making medium and hard challenging levels, but I'm having trouble.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg