Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

pkb123 15 years ago
  I love Roly Poly...Nitrome has heaps of good games
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  Yeah. I like Roly poly
minmay 15 years ago
  Something like Roly Poly would definitely be perfect for BL. It wouldn't be too hard to make, either.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, I wasn't encouraging the use of illegal software, but I understand why you deleted it. That's ok by me!
Sillius 15 years ago
  doesn't matter... we shouldn't write about this anyway :D
lineplus 15 years ago
  Just a idea : a RolyPoly's (Nitrome) adaptation ;)
jp 15 years ago
  Yes I'm sorry I had to remove your posts, this is not legal and BL could have some problems for this. You can write anything you want by PM but not in the public forums.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Isn't it ridiculous how it cost more money to buy Flash than it did for my laptop! Fortunately my older brother managed to get it from his university.
minmay 15 years ago
  Unfortunately I don't have Flash (nor the money to buy it), so not really, though I have some very narrow coding experience in general (not with Actionscript though).
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i liked the fizzlizzle platform game , someone can make a parodie but with another personage and other things.THAT WOULDBE GREAT!
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Minmay, can you use Flash? Just wondered...
minmay 15 years ago
  The Incredible Machine was the first game in its genre, and probably the most well known, so that's why I mention it instead of Crazy Machines or some other game.

An idea for any prospective developers who'd like to try to make such a game: use the Box2D physics engine. It's not perfect but it's pretty ideal for what we would need and you wouldn't need to code a physics engine - just the interface, editor, and graphics/sound.

I could probably do some graphics depending on the style and size, if anyone wants to take it on but needs help. (Other than that I'd be pretty useless though...)
jp 15 years ago
  About the game size, I'm thinking about allowing bigger size for BL games. Actually it's on the top priorities.

[edit] About the game ideas, I forgot to say that one of the game I would like very much to adapt to BL is Wii tanks. I'm a big fan of this little funny game :) .
Sillius 15 years ago
  I see you all know the game "Incredible Machine" and I found it yesterday, but I think that the game "Crazy Machines 2" is way better... I also think that a lemmings game would be great for this site.
minmay 15 years ago
  Ooh, a Lemmings-like game would be awesome. The only problem I can think of is that the BL screen size may be too small. However, that can be remedied simply by allowing the player to scroll the view.

Something like The Incredible Machine would also be perfect for BonusLevel. I can think of two potential problems with it though:
1. Again, the BL screen size would probably be too small, and scrolling would be very clumsy in this type of game.
2. It would have a very large amount of data, what with every part (there need to be a lot of them!) having its own set of sprites. This would result in a very long loading time, which may not be desirable.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  well yeah its exactly that but just more simple and where u can draw lines
Found the game that i tryed it was on miniclip.com its called scribble
http://www.miniclip.com/games/scribble/en/
There you go
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Lemmings?
Nikobam 15 years ago
  Uh! got an great idea for a game how about the game which i dont know whats called but you have a bunch of soldiers that walks forward and then u need to guide them and draw a ramp and draw bridges to avoid lava/lethal/death lines or make them go the other way
geckojsc 15 years ago
  OMG! I never knew about that version! It's amazing!
Sillius 15 years ago
  I personally think that "powder game" is better than "Pyro Sand 2," but you're right that would be pretty great
Hexicube 15 years ago
  Maybe a game like pyrosand 2
But where you can make your own chemicals for it!
[url]enigmasand.com/xsand.html[/url]
Nikobam 15 years ago
  the flie eating game is that on miniclip?
I knew u got the idea from dino run this is an really interresting forum
gameinsky 15 years ago
  try the game 'make you own tower defence' game , really thousands of possibelities
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Oh, yes, a tower defence game would be good, but it wouldn't allow for lots and lots of unique levels.

And Sillius, I got the idea by mixing Dino Run and some other game where you have to eat loads of flies together.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  How about a game like the Baloon tower game dont know what its called but where u have a amount of money and then u buy something to defend against the baloons that goes through a track and you have to stop them before they get to the end im sure someone have tryed it
Sillius 15 years ago
  Like your idea about the lizard, but hasn't this been seen many times before ?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, I considered that as well. I'm not even going to start the project for a very long time. I'm only 13 years old you know! I will need to be much more skilled at actionscript before I attempt do do something like that!
doomlord 15 years ago
  Or be able to make a series of waves of enemies.

Say you had to fight a swarm of tiny guys, then two mini-boss-ish dudes and then a couple small enemies, then a boss or something.

If you could set up ai that would be amazing. Like look at the game zeta flow, not exactly the same, but a good idea.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Good idea...

OK! Another game idea I've had:
You are a lizard/chameleon. A big meteorite hits the earth. You need to get away from the fire by latching onto objects with your tongue. You must swing along through the horizontal levels, eating flies and stuff as you go along. If you hit the thorny branches, or try to eat a wasp, you will take damage.

Oh, and yes Nikobam, that's the basic idea of it all. You have the creature that you play as, which you can upgrade and stuff, then you have a different creature in every level that you need to fight against.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  So like every account have 1 creature and then u can upgrade it and fight new creatures for money and new weapons or what the upgrades are?

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg