Play the games, create the levels

Topic, New Contest Coming!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Mmmmmm 3 years ago
  Message removed...
Elizea 8 years ago
  Most likely a contest involving Obscurity.
Coolguy52 8 years ago
  I was wondering, after the change contest. What next?
CamoDragoon 8 years ago
  I don't have the time to make anything but a puzzle level lol, so I just want a contest with a theme I can use in BB or maybe PI ;)
demonicyoshi 8 years ago
  I know the definition of steampunk, but to include puzzle games in the mix it needs to be relaxed a bit.
kiethy342 8 years ago
  I like the idea of the changing world theme. I already have some ideas that could possibly turn into levels around that, so the contest would actually get me to make them :P
Treazer 8 years ago
  I think something like your level would fit in though.
gameinsky 8 years ago
  But that's not really the definition of steampunk. Steampunk is a future where there's no forms of energy from beyond the industrial era, making prictically everything steampowered and mechanical.
Treazer 8 years ago
  That's really nice as well and I know Gis is currently making a level fitting the theme very well.^^
demonicyoshi 8 years ago
  Steampunk contest, create a mechanical/ industrial themed level.
Treazer 8 years ago
  As I already said once, changing world is my suggestion. :)
Elizea 8 years ago
  I'm going to announce a new contest in couple days. If anyone has any good suggestions for theme, now would probably be good idea to tell them. Just remember that the theme shouldn't be too limiting, as for instance last time we had problems getting anyone make levels for the contest. If there is a theme suggested here that I like, I'll probably end up using it.
Treazer 8 years ago
  Yes, that would be a great idea as well! :) I already have many ideas. :)
Elizea 8 years ago
  I imagine the contest for when obscurity comes out would just be "Story Contest" or something similar, to not limit peoples imagination too heavily while making a level for it. And as far as I know, gecko was making the game to work well for stories.
Treazer 8 years ago
  Yes, that's true. I think Bonuslevel is more active than before, though, but waiting for Obscurity is not a bad idea, I guess. A changing world contest would fit in there quite well, too. :)
Elizea 8 years ago
  I did try to message JP if we could have a new contest, but he didn't respond to me in twitter.

Anyway, considering how last contest went, I'm not sure if there is even that much need for a new contest. We will have one for sure when obscurity is released tho.
Treazer 8 years ago
  I'd really like to see a changing world contest (can be any other name as well).
Make a level of a small world which repeats itself, but always changes in an original way.
totallyepicdude321 9 years ago
  ... how would that work? chase a turkey and then have a feast?
chris3000 9 years ago
  I think there should be a Thanksgiving contest.
  fine... bu for my entry, im making ice, and it will be slippery... >:D
Elizea 9 years ago
  We might end up having a christmas contest, not sure.
  true, but still, shooter contest, leaves opportunities for new and exciting levels...

OOOH, how about NOW for my ice contest? levels due by christmas day?
oldmanrob 9 years ago
  What about our traditional Christmas contest? Do we have this tradition yet?
  hey, i had an idea for a new contest, the shooter contest, basicallly, it must include some type of shooting,such as: shooter levels where you move side to side and shoot aliens, or levels where a giant gun is follwing and you jump to shoot random walking enemies
  1 more day till summer begins for me! :D I am so happy
kiethy342 9 years ago
  A summer contest would be great!
Treazer 9 years ago
  Sure! I would enter and probably make an RT or JG2 level :)
gameinsky 9 years ago
  A summer contest would actually be brilliant!
Great idea, oldmanrob.
oldmanrob 9 years ago
  In the northern hemisphere summer is comming. So what about a summer contest. Ice isn't what I want to see. (Except for ice-cream)
  UGH... fine if I must...ice contest? who can make the best ice themed level?
bonus points if you can make the floor slippery..

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  There has been a lot of ideas lately for a new competition, but there can only be one going on at a time. Vote for your favorite idea or discuss new ideas for a contest.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg