Play the games, create the levels

Topic, New Contest Coming!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SuperMario 9 years ago
  Another nostalgia contest. I wish for unoriginality.
gundu 9 years ago
  @GIS, I was going to suggest the same thing but you were faster than me :P
gameinsky 9 years ago
  Certain things aren't done because they just don't work.

Contest ideas should have a generally vague theme.

So i'll be unoriginal and suggest a Nature contest.
totallyepicdude321 9 years ago
  suggested that as my first contest...
and we've NEVER done a 2 storyline contest before!
SimonM 9 years ago
  There are more ideas, like: the orginality contest: just make an original level in whatever theme.
  its the best (and may I say, only)idea we have.. and I kind of like the idea
Ferrari12 9 years ago
  I feel that contests that require more than one level are not the ones we should go for, as they would prevent many people from entering (including myself). Making one good level is more than enough work, in my opinion at least.
  I HAVE AN IDEA. how about a hand in hand contest!(that's what im calling it) people have to make atleast 2 different storylines that interconnect and both form the same ending, so like a level where you play as someone, and then a different storyline where you play as someone else, but they both have the same ending! how does that sound?
gameinsky 10 years ago
  psycho, "quality quantity" is contradictory, you can't have both. More quantity generally means less quality and vice versa.

@ epic dude that's just vague...
totallyepicdude321 10 years ago
  what about a unique contest?! like you said, contests should bring up new and fresh levels, so what about making a level that has content never done before?
psychomaster 10 years ago
  How about a "Long Quality" thing? Like, a high quality very long level in RT, JG2, etc. Highest quality and longest level wins. Judging would definitely be hard.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  Contests are supposed to bring up new and fresh levels, basing it of another game isn't exactly... fresh...
totallyepicdude321 10 years ago
  ok, I don't remember if this has been done but... what about a video game contest? for example, every single one of gis's sonic/ turtle bros levels.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  it was about simplicity Gis. And a Blockoban level won there.
oldmanrob 10 years ago
  well treaz, my idea was to have three identical levels. but it did not work with bb2. :D
gameinsky 10 years ago
  No but seriously tho, a block puzzler contest is nice, but we had a puzzle game based context last time.
The two world contest sounds nice, I'll vote for that one.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Some really nice levels, although the BB and the PI level are actually identically.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Oh_Bebe hosted a mini contest, like 3 years ago.
kiethy342 10 years ago
  How about a mini contest

You need to make a level as small and compact as possible, but still be fun. This way it could incorporate most of the games.
dingdong 10 years ago
  Please do not make the Block Puzzle. First of i see contest with more than one level pr. competitor as confusing, second i really don't think we sjould restrain the entering games.

Even though these games often are more or less forgotten in contest, I don't want to exclude the oher games. My opinion.
Treazer 10 years ago
  My favorite (with a big possible selection of games) is the changing world contest.

Maybe we could vote?

- Puzzle contest
SPOILER

- Block puzzle contest ||
SPOILER

- Story contest
SPOILER

- Two worlds contest
SPOILER

- Changing world contest |
SPOILER

- Atmospheric contest
SPOILER

- Christmas contest
SPOILER

- Present contest
SPOILER

- Mythology contest
SPOILER

- Trend contest
SPOILER

- Music contest
SPOILER
gameinsky 10 years ago
  TBH I'd rather have a concept that works on an as big as possible selection of games.
Elizea 10 years ago
  Eh multiple levels didnt really work out in Trilogy Contest. Personally prefer to play one really amazing level over 3 mediocre levels.

Also last contest was already puzzle-oriented so a pure puzzle contest wouldn't be ideal.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Block puzzle contest is a great idea, mostly because there will be multiple levels made for each player's entry. We haven't got any contest like that like... 4 years ago, I think. :/
oldmanrob 10 years ago
  my vote goes to block puzzle contest too. it would improve the a litte neglected BB2.
pig 10 years ago
  My favourite is block puzzle contest :)
ThisIsMyUsername 10 years ago
  I like omr's idea :)
oldmanrob 10 years ago
  music contest: make a level based on a song. (or make a song based on a level)
alanliu12121 10 years ago
  Trend Contest: Make a level based on the newest trends
(ex. Pokemon X & Y , GTA V)

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  There has been a lot of ideas lately for a new competition, but there can only be one going on at a time. Vote for your favorite idea or discuss new ideas for a contest.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg