Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Anonycat 13 years ago
  It doesn't have to reveal the moves you sent, it should just check them one time internally to see that they produce a valid solution. Once that's done, it doesn't need to keep that list of moves anymore, much less put them in any public-accessible space.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  showing the moves would spoil the solution and everybody could see how that user did it.
As for mallecious scores, the scores will be removed and the users limited.
Also note you are bringing bad peoples to ideas.
Anonycat 13 years ago
  With a packet sniffer, you can easily find the format of the HTTP packets it uses to send scores, and forge one that says "I completed level 132 in 1 move" without even having to use the BL applet. The site will unquestioningly accept such a packet and add it to the scores tab. Indeed, it appears just such has happened to several levels in the past before someone with database access was able to remove the scores.

Wouldn't it be better if the game submitted a replay of the moves, instead of just the final score? The server could run a lightweight simulation of the game and verify that the list of moves it receives would actually complete the level, and if it does then it adds the score it calculated to the database (in case of an unforeseen bug where the move count in the applet gets desynced, this wouldn't matter and the server would only award the "proper" score. Forgery under this system would be pointless since you would have to know a valid solution to the level already, and if that's the case you can just play that solution in the game itself.

Much better than having to trust potentially malicious clients.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I have no any ideas of whatever you are meant to say.
But welcome to BL anyway.
but if I understand what you mean.
What you say in the comments doesn't count, there is a score tab.
Anonycat 13 years ago
  Why does the game even accept scores that can be spoofed with a simple packet forger (saying, for example, "Oh yeah, I completed this level in 1 move")? Why doesn't it take inputs from a replay/list of moves and validate/calculate scores based on that?
Gamemaster 13 years ago
  flowerbunny, don't make off topic posts
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
  @Gary: I just made one that I actually manage to solve (unlike my first level)! But I guess the score can be reduced...
MatthijsM 13 years ago
  no garygoh but i haven't any idea's anymore
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  I can't believe that I'm the only one making BB2 levels for this game...

Bye, Martin, maybe we could have oldmanrob to be our next admin for this game?
  Thanks Rob! Not THAT many stupid things to do in an old cottage by the sea, except for a new boat with a bigger engine. But of course these days it says in the safety instructions on EVERY outboard engine that it is NOT supposed to be hung inside a barrel and used for mixing cocktails! Then we can exclude that stupid thing.

Thanks for your concern, I'll try to be careful!
oldmanrob 13 years ago
  Have a great holiday, Martin! (Don't do too many stupid things.)
  I'm going on vacation and will be off-line between 18th of July and 8th of August. I think both Elizea and jp will be on vacation in some of that period. If you want any levels evaluated, you either have to hurry up or wait for 3 weeks!
SuperMario 13 years ago
  Lol! My score is 888!
Shiro 13 years ago
  I don't think that's a good idea, since you would just be able to complete 1500 BB 1 levels and never played this game.

I agree 400 would be a good amount.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  i vote for a combined total of 1500 in both blockoban and blockoban 2. (see awards topic)
niimporta 13 years ago
  500 is too much.. 400??
SimonM 13 years ago
  I vote for 595.
oldmanrob 13 years ago
  I vote 602. Don't know if there is someone around who is more adict than me.
SuperMario 13 years ago
  400 is better
SimonM 13 years ago
  I think 300 levels would too less
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yeah! 500 is better, because i completed 497 xD, but no i real think 500 is better.

But we already have an idea for 300:

Blockoban 2 Addict:
Complete 300 levels of Blockoban 2.
EXP +100

Picture by gundu and allyally, about the award i dont know.
Daft_Punk 13 years ago
  i'm not good at making blockoban 2 levels...i may need more practice!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Ah, categorie is french for category, JP must have had the habit :P
SimonM 13 years ago
  I prefer 600 levels: coz there will be a lot more levels in time
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  There is one mispelling in the category selection in editor: "Click to change the categorie of this level".
Elizea 13 years ago
  I would prefer 300/400 levels, as even it is ~50% of the current levels, which is more than in any other game award.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  500 levels is better than 600, but it may be easier when there are more levels to come.
AK 13 years ago
  It should be 500 levels.
  @Ahroo: Currently 619 Accepted/Officials and 59 Unfinished/Rejected/To be edited.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I'm not even sure there ARE 600 levels in this game... :/

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban 2"

First post of the topic

jp 14 years ago
  Dear testers :
Before designing too much levels, please add your comments about things that could change the look&feel of the thumbnails.
Read the "Edit" tab. I think we can make small and challenging levels. Kids is for SUPER EASY levels (kids levels on blockoban were too difficult for some of them).
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg