Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Front page editors

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

azz 12 years ago
  Wow nice slide birjo!
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Spaces are too mainstream.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  *cough*400*cough* no spaces?
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Meh, just dumping this, use it if you want:

Random .gif
jp 12 years ago
  No, sorry you don't have the skills to design slides. Learn and come back in a few weeks/months.
jasperpostema 12 years ago
  Better?
jp 12 years ago
  Your text is so flat. Have a look at those tutorials http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/photoshop_text_effect_tutorials/

There are still jpg artefacts around the zeppelin.
  Jp, this is my slide:
Slide
jp 12 years ago
  So you just took your jpg, changed scale on x axis only to match 250x180 px (which didn't preserve the proportions!) and save it as a png :)

Quick and dirty, perfect :)

This how you should have done :
- Back to the screeenshot you've saved in lossless format (png for example but not jpg).
- If you didn't keep a lossless image of the screenshot, take a new screenshot.
- Make a new slide with the right size. Rearrange the position of the texts and screenshot for the new size.
- Try several text fonts/colors/effects to decide which is the better.
- Save it as a png.
Ferrari12 12 years ago
  Um, It's stretched ...
  This is good then?
Zeppelin Attack

Can I still change something?
jp 12 years ago
  The size of the image must 250x180 px
Use png instead of jpg. Jpg adds artefacts.
Your slide is not so bad I think, let us view it with good size and png format.

@Manufan the blue sticker in your latest slide (not posted here) is horrible, please remove it or find something smoother :)
azz 12 years ago
  KK
i will do that.
Ferrari12 12 years ago
  I think you can do that by pressing "print screen" and then pasting it into any program, could be word to photoshop really, but then you have to cut the image, becuase it prints the entire screen :) That's the way I know, and no fancy programs is needed.
azz 12 years ago
  I wish i had the programme where you can take a picture of what's on your screen.
  Uhm, Ok
In my slide I have:
- The Jump gear escapes the Zeppelin Attack
- The Zeppelin has something fun with it
- Simple letters, not too pressure, not hiding too much
- The text gives an idea of the level
gundu 12 years ago
  Well, Since it's mine, I'll tell you why I think it's a nice one

- The picture is not messy, has the right dimensions while showing what kind of level it is

- The text in the bottom don't hide any important details of the picture itself, I guess (hope) there's no typo in it and it describe a little the level so the players want to discover this level. Also the author name is being said.

- The added title has a proper size without hiding too much of the level. It looks different to what we usually see, I mean these are not simple letters, But has different form. And finally the added text some what fit with the picture/level, it is smooth.

That's why I think it's a good picture to be shown on the front page (Well, I don't really like saying ''good'' since I am the one who did it) But it sure did attract peoples to it, Look at the comment of the level and ,just bellow, kiethy's comment

Yay for long (boring?) comment!
  OK, I have a deal, after voting for Space Contest, I'll make a slide for it, and another one. Than we comparise them, and if that one is good, jp can deside for more!
  And about Smooth Rider, why is that so fantastic, because I don't see that =T
dingdong 12 years ago
  JP has decided. He said you should post your slideS here and then if THEY are good we'll see.

Until now we only seen one (after JP's comment)
  I think jp has to decide!!
gundu 12 years ago
  @Kiethy, I played your level and I really enjoyed it, I really liked the Background and everything so I decided to make a slide of it. Glad you like it :D
kiethy342 12 years ago
  By the way, thanks to the person that made my level into a slide! It looks great!(Who was that by?)
Ferrari12 12 years ago
  I think, if that slide represents the quality of your slides, sorry, but no.

The image is badly cut, boring letters, you shoukdn't add anything to the picture other than the name of the level (The ZA has to go) and I don't think the text is too good neither. He technically is the newest admin, but only by 30 or so minutes, so I don't think it's appropriate to mention it in a slide :/
  People can vote:
- Can I become slide editor again
- Can't I become again

What do you think.
Post here!
  What about it?

Escape the zeppelin attack on little floating islands! A great level by our newest admin Pof!
chris3000 12 years ago
  @manufan: Congratz!
  Congratz Manufan
and thnx jp!
gundu 12 years ago
  Congratulation Manufan :D

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 14 years ago
  A front page editor must be mature, master a graphic software like photoshop / paint shop pro. And likes to play all many levels. And be available. Designing the slides is very time cosuming.

so far I've added gundu and captain_404, I will add any other game developers in case they want to feature a level on front page. (like Gecko)

I think maybe oh_bebe could also do the job if she has time. And many others.

I think the good candidates for front page or those levels that are great but that can't be or are not yet officials.

gundu and Captain, you can access the slideshow admin from your profile page.

You can go on this topic to suggest the levels to be highlighted on front page.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg