Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Front page editors

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 14 years ago
  i have to agree definaly with JP !!! it rocksss!

maybe as suggestion , a cool way to change of picture ???
like in a real slideshow ??
(hide reveal , move away move in ,fall on the old and take his place , switching the 3d triangles like in a normal road sign ect.)
jp 14 years ago
  Wow gecko, it really rocks. I set it online now, everybody can see it. BTW, I think it will work only for AS2 sf because the slide show is AS2 (not AS3).
gundu 14 years ago
  I understand

I'm better to do official levels than making slideshow
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Sorry Gundu (^~^)!
Anyway, I uploaded a movie for Six Puzzles in One.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  OMG I can upload stuff!!!
This is great JP!
[edit] did I misinterpret?
Im 14 years ago
  Only those who know Flash? D= Aww.....
gundu 14 years ago
  @Gecko, All these are mine xD
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Yaay!
This will really spice up the page, once I find a good reason to animate something!
jp 14 years ago
  Yes you're right. We need to improve our graphics and editorial skills :) .

Note that I've tested and for thos who know Flash, you can upload an animated swf (250x180), and it works :) .
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I think the slides could to with being a bit neater...
The ones for Fragile Ground and the Collab Contest are quite messy (no offence to the people who made them).
[edit] And also Blocks...
metaknight91 14 years ago
  so, am i a front page editor?
[edit jp : no, sorry already enough editors. About your picture it's nice but the font could be better.]
jp 14 years ago
  @Captain, yes you're right. The slides have to be designed with communication in mind. The image should talk immediately and the text should be as short as possible. It requires graphics and marketing skills.

The oldest slides will be removed from the list. It's made by hand right now but I can make it automatic later [edit, actually, after checking, it is already limited to 20 slides]. We have many levels to highlight right now because there are so many old & good levels that didn't get the visibility they deserve. I think we should get somethin like 2/3 new levels a week later.

I think I will keep the number of editors like it is now because, there already enough slides. I've open a topic for people to suggest the levels to be highlighted on front page.

[edit], I added a preview on the slide creation page in order you can view if the text fits.
Jac1 14 years ago
  "Demonicyoshi turned the lights out on Turtle"

What does that mean?
Jac1 14 years ago
  I think it's supposed to be like that...
Im 14 years ago
  I think it's supposed to be like that, but I don't see wrong text with wrong image...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  somethings wierd is going on with the frontpage
impossible auto is compltely messed up and the wrong text with the wrong image , you see the same thing guys ???
Jac1 14 years ago
  Eyes: Someone is watchinng you...
Track him down and defeat him!

Platform to platform: How goood is your jumping? Can you fare with different types and shapes of ground? If so, you should find this level easy!
Elizea 14 years ago
  yup, some tutorial would have been nice.

and maybe these 'highlighted' levels would have some category in the games, so that you would find all levels that have been slideshows there too? :p (and even if its possible, to make them like rejected, accepted, highlighted, official way with green (?) block)...

captain_404 you wanna make us the tuto? :D
Captain_404 14 years ago
  Sorry to rain on the parade, but I'd like to point out a few potential problems.

How are we going to deal with over saturation of the Editor's Picks? Even on the first day alone we already have eight levels being highlighted. Each of these can only be viewed one at a time as well, it seems problematic. So waht happens in the upcoming months when these numbers spiral even higher? What if they get into the hundreds? Isn't this just more pointless noise on the site that people will eventually ignore?

I'll admit, I haven't used it yet, so I've no idea how it works entirely and some of these concerns may already be handled. Sorry for the trouble if that's the case.

However, another concern I have is that most of these slides published so far have been, well, not so great. Perhaps I should write up a short tutorial on this, but the main problems here are that the slides are generally too cluttered or just not very well balanced. These slides should be designed with communication first in mind, that means a minimalistic, simple approach should be taken towards their design. There's a whole lot more to creating a great image than having a neat font or a cool effect.

But, I should stop before I go into full-on ranting mode.
  lol how do you think this is better than fragile ground?

dragonpower do you have anything like GIMP or PS or PSP?
DragonPower 14 years ago
  I love it! That one is the best one i seen so far! Can i be a editer for that front page?
  okay, my first picture:

how is it?
jp 14 years ago
  @Elizea, I just added you (log outlog in to see the link in your profile page).
@meta, yes post your images here.
  thank you jp. if i can use it good enough, could you add me as a front page editor?

IF i can learn it.
Elizea 14 years ago
  jp, i can do more those too (i did examples of 5, check my post before) :)

PS: im not yet photoshop pro xD
jp 14 years ago
  The best free solution is GIMP (google). PS and PSP are not free.
  where can i get photoshop or paint shop pro or some other thing? i like to play levels and i'm very available.
jp 14 years ago
  Platform to Platform (Jump Gear 2)
Eyes (Rolling Turtle)

Those 2 levels were not made official but they deserve a front page.
gundu 14 years ago
  I'll make it
gameinsky 14 years ago
  thanks JP!!!

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 14 years ago
  A front page editor must be mature, master a graphic software like photoshop / paint shop pro. And likes to play all many levels. And be available. Designing the slides is very time cosuming.

so far I've added gundu and captain_404, I will add any other game developers in case they want to feature a level on front page. (like Gecko)

I think maybe oh_bebe could also do the job if she has time. And many others.

I think the good candidates for front page or those levels that are great but that can't be or are not yet officials.

gundu and Captain, you can access the slideshow admin from your profile page.

You can go on this topic to suggest the levels to be highlighted on front page.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg